View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM View Post
Im sure MR Horcoff has better things to do....

But good work arguing against my points.

A quick look at the stats for last year and you can see that Horcoff was our best +/- forward for this season....

now that doesn't mean anything to me, but this board was sure tilted away from Horcoff in the last few years for - rating in this area. The label of hypocrisy would seem to apply in this case.
What exactly are your points? All you have said is that it is hard for older and slower players to get ice time. Also that you believe Horcoff is a top six guy. You have shown nothing to prove it other than your opinion. The board has tilted away from all players who have gotten worse. That surprises you?

Horcoff is speculated to be bought out or traded. He has declined every year for the last three or four years. +/- is nice, but so is a winning attitude, speed and ability to do something other than win faceoffs, which by the way, he has progressively gotten worse at. His speed is gone. He doesn't score like a top six. He is not the Horcoff of 2006 just like Smytty is not. They are both in rapid decline. I really and honestly do not know how you or anyone else could legitimately argue against that. This team would be better with both gone and replaced by younger vets on the incline.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote