View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Prairie Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
If the Habs decide to move Plekanec for some youth, I'd bet on the Blues as the most likely trade partner. They are outside the conference, entering win-now mode, have a need at center, have a ton of young wingers and dmen, and Plekanec is smart enough to do well on a Hitchcock coached team.
Switching to 4 divisions will open up more trade partners as we are only competing with TOR, OTT, BOS, BUF, DET, TB, and FLA for playoff spots.

Something around Berglund + Polak for Plekanec + would be what I am looking for but I have zero clue how STL fans value those two players. I would even be willing to add Emelin to the deal because, though Emelin for Polak is pretty lateral, it gets us a real RHD for the second pairing.

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Polak
Tinordi - Diaz
Cube

Edit: Looking up some stats it has Berglund listed as a C. I thought he was a winger, what does he normally play? Also Polak only averaged 18:30 this year so maybe I am over-estimating his ability to hold down the second pair. I guess the proposal needed a little more work. This is why I don't start threads on the trade board.

Last edited by Prairie Habs: 05-28-2013 at 02:54 AM.