View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting

vCash: 500
Just a quick update, as I take a short break from the books. We are close. I'll keep updating on twitter.

Just thought I would post a sample from last year's NHL Black Book. As many of you know, we posted over 100 profiles on 2013 prospects in our 2012 book. Here is a profile written just over one year ago...

Valentin Zykov LF CSKA MoskovaJ20, 60 174
In terms of his NHL projection, Zykov could be one of the more under-rated players for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. While Valentin is not a dominant offensive player, he is simply mean. He finishes checks whenever possible and loves taking the body. He is the kind of player who will see a big hit coming and make the play, one that is best for the team, rather than throw the puck away. He seems to love physical contact and while this is a big part of his game, hes fairly shifty and can work around
defenders, if hes given an opening. He is very patient with the puck and does not rush or force plays.

While he has not posted much in terms of points yet, it is definitely an area of his game that shows potential and could develop. Valentin will need to work on his skating ability. While he has the physical element and makes limited mistakes, skating will be the key and he simply needs to get better. If he does, hes a name you may hear a little earlier than expected at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Mark Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote