View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Switching to 4 divisions will open up more trade partners as we are only competing with TOR, OTT, BOS, BUF, DET, TB, and FLA for playoff spots.

Something around Berglund + Polak for Plekanec + would be what I am looking for but I have zero clue how STL fans value those two players. I would even be willing to add Emelin to the deal because, though Emelin for Polak is pretty lateral, it gets us a real RHD for the second pairing.

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Polak
Tinordi - Diaz
Cube

Edit: Looking up some stats it has Berglund listed as a C. I thought he was a winger, what does he normally play? Also Polak only averaged 18:30 this year so maybe I am over-estimating his ability to hold down the second pair. I guess the proposal needed a little more work. This is why I don't start threads on the trade board.
Berglund only plays C, he's usually the 2C playing behind Backes. About league average on offense, respectable but not remarkable defensively, best known for being tall.

Polak is more or less a top 4 D, but unremarkable in that role. I wouldn't see him as an upgrade over Gorges or Emelin.

I wouldn't see much point to Berglund+Polak for Plekanec. You're dealing quality for quantity for two players that bring things you've already got to the table. More or less making the team worse, but younger.