View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 04:53 AM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I am not the slightest bit concerned honestly. It's funny with all the debacle around Luongo and all the hate he has got around the league over his career, he is arguably still a top 3 goalie in this league. I think most fans can agree that Lundqvist is the undisputed best goalie in the world right now. Past that, you have a slough of goalies in Quick, Howard, Crawford, Rask, Schneider, and Luongo who are all right there.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers here, but Carey Price is the most overrated goalie in the league, in my opinion. Watching him play for years now, the goals that he gets beat on make him look either extremely slow or extremely lazy when it comes to lateral movement. He has done nothing in the playoffs and has only had one exceptional regular season under his belt.

Luongo should get the start barring disaster. I am not only saying this because I am a Canucks fan because it is a 100 % guarantee he won't be in a Canucks sweater by next season so he won't even be representing us anymore. I feel terrible for what he has gone through over the last year and a half with the way he has been handled. His career statistics are some of the best numbers of ALL-TIME in net. The amount of hate he has gotten on these boards is frankly ridiculous.
Talk about overrating. Luongo is a top 3 goalie yet he was benched for a goalie who is not even likely to make the American team (Quick Miller and Anderson are all better). Amazing how the Canucks have two top three goalies and still got swept in the first round.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote