View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
In the trade boards a Ranger fan was posting about potentially moving MDZ with a main purpose of getting a 1st due to the realization their prospect pool isn't loaded. I read a few comments and then just for fun i said maybe i'd offer LA's 1st and Nikitin to which another Ranger fan replied Nikitin only plays well with Tyutin and asked what would have to be added for both so i brought up the name Girardi. How would people feel if an offer ever based around this came around?
And yes i know its "another CBJ, NYR trade" but if it's something that can make sense who cares. I know we are likely to slow down as trade partners due to realignment but i'm bored and it's kind of interesting.
My reply would simply have been that Nikitin started the year horrible playing with Tyutin. They were split up and he appeared to get back to playing like a #4 dman. His English is quite good and I don't buy the "plays better with Tyutin" issue. Anyway, I think this becomes too complicated and, personally, I think Tyutin would be the best player in that trade based on his play this season. Nikitin and a pick, I'm OK with that for a player like MDZ. Rangers....probably not.