View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
I absolutely understand the cynicism. With me, it surfaces a lot more with the Oilers than it does with the Eskimos for some reason. I wasn't thrilled with the hiring of either Maciocia or Tillman as Esks GM but I waited for them to fail before I turned on them. Based on nothing more than a gut feeling, I think things (including the performance of the head coach) will be better under Hervey. Not surprisingly, I'm not nearly as optimistic about about new GM MacT and the Oilers maybe because the Esks don't have as far to go to be decent as the Oil.
I'm completely the opposite because I realize that historically the Esks org has had every conceivable advantage operating in a turnkey market with diehard fans and with predictable revenue, fan support, other clubs could only dream of and while playing in the best facility in the nation.

The org has parlayed this into being the laughingstock of the league. Not impressed.

The Oilers org is competing in the deep pond against sharks.

In the CFL all that separates a team from a Grey cup is having a competent org for a couple years.