Old
05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmneilson View Post
We're in a bit of a spot where we have a pretty good team, but there are one or two guys that are just dragging everyone down. I think its a bit of a dick move to make cuts in a beer league...but I think it needs to be done.

Any advice from people that have done this? I think it might just be best to send him a cordial email and try and get him a spot in a lower division.
This is where the league needs to run itself. Having players drag down teams doesn't make sense for the team or those players since they will not improve hot potatoeing the puck any time it hits their stick. I would try to keep it positive, try to help them find a team where they can be important members of a team, be on the ice in critical situations and be counted on to produce every game. Most of us had to work very hard to get to the skill levels we're at and then some beginner is just placed on your team for no reason other than the league wants his league fees and you guys happen to have space? The leagues need to make these players earn their way up, when you dominate a division then you can move up. If you average 0 goals a game you don't move up and somebody needs to be watching you play to see if you need to move down. It's not rocket science, look at the standings, look at the stats and then drag your butt out to watch a game and see if you can help a guy improve by finding the right skill level for him.