View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury10 View Post
Please please don't even talk about Bieksa in a classy uniform like the Habs. I live in B.C. and when we're not getting bombarded with the blue and white plague of mediocrity and failure on HNIT, we get the Canucks jammed down our throat regularily. I have seen Bieksa well over 100x and he is the only guy that comes close to being as overrated as Neon Deon Phaneuf. He has some occasional flashes of talent on the PP and some rare good plays in his own end but his physical game consists of jumping equal or smaller players who have limited fighting ability. He runs from confrontations with anyone slightly larger than him and anyone who has fighting experience. I often find myself being embarrassed for him.
We have PK who embarrasses himself and the team often enough we don't need more of that in Bieksa without the upside that PK brings.
Yeah Pk is an ebarassment being nominated for taht Norris trophy and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Bergevin should target Big Buff. Physical and can be an assett offensively. These type of guys are the breed of the futur.
Too weak defensively and a poor work ethic, there is a reason he is the biggest player in the NHL. Not worth what he would cost(in assets) or his cap hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
We need to start thinking about our future D-corps. With Markov aging, and what seems to be a lack of a quality #3 (after Subban and Markov), we should call Phoenix and see if they are interested in a trade involving Yandle of Klesla. They need budget relief... I just don't know what to send back to them.

Maybe even trying to see if they have any interest in dealing RFA David Rundblad (just like they traded Turris for him, when his development stunted and the hold out occurred). Rundblad is 22 years old and has the time to turn into a quality d-man.
The future of the d-core is partly here and there are a bunch of young guys on the way who deserve a chance, why bring in somebody from outside who will cost a lot and will block their path?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Problem is that Sutter is 6'3 while Bournival is 6'0.
Bournival is much stronger on skates though, Sutter isn't very big. Tall and skinny.