Thread: Player Discussion: Louis Leblanc?
View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Speculation, but I'm not 100% he really WANTS to be a hockey player. He has the skill, I think he lacks the desire. Yes, it seems strange so fans but he's not the first and won't be the last guy who just doesn't have that deep down desire to be a hockey player.
Maybe he wants to go back to Harvard?

He looked great in his first year, the type of guy who's hockey sense was just too high for him to bust. He looked like he would be a staple 3rd line player, temporary top 6 fill in case of injury ala Higgins. To see him regress so much in just one year is...well weird. He wasn't just good with the habs in 2011-2012, he played well with the bulldogs as well.

The team the bulldogs had this season didn't help either. For example, Gallagher goal per game production and point per game production was higher in the nhl against tougher competition than it was in the ahl. Not the best justification or the best explanation, but it can be a part of the explanation. That doesn't mean I want to take the blame away from Louis, but I have a hard time believing that the regression was due to a lack of talent when he played so well in the previous years no matter what level or league he played in.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote