View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
I'd encourage y'all to listen to te Ville Neimenan interview with Calgary Roger Sportsnet..

Highlights

- Barkov speaks no english
-Incredibly shy ( this worries me- Will he buckle under the pressure of the NHL experience as a barely 18 year old rookie that will have some serious expectations placed on his shoulders)
- Limited physical game- Ville said physical play/checking is non-existant in SM Liiga and said it will take alot of adjustment for Barkov to get used to playing NA hockey)
- Based on this, I now hope we take Drouin.

There is physical play in sm liiga lol, this isn't atom hockey. Of course they hit, maybe they don't fight as often but they sure do hit each other!

I heard he speaks some English as well. This sounds kind of like an interview to scare people off of barkov, I'm not buying it. Barkov is a stud!

And really, even if he didnt know much English, does that mean he will come here and never learn?! But he does know some English, plus don't forget our Finnish goalie can do more than save pucks, he can help barkov out.

I am not against picking drouin, barkov, Mack, or nichushkin. They are all awesome prospects!
I just do not agree with the above about barkov.