View Single Post
Old
01-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
I don't particularly want to burst your bubble, but I think your information is erroneous.

Since the 22nd of November, the Habs have played 20 games. And if you say that Jose has played in a 16th game in a row with 2 goals or less allowed, then this means that Garon has played in 4 games. Also, since Nov. 22nd, the Habs have had 7 games in which they allowed 3 or more goals. This means that Theo has to have played in at least 3 games during which there were 3 or more goals scored.

You could argue that there were some empty net goals by the other teams.

However, 2 of those 7 games were victories, meaning that it's impossible the other team scored in an empty net. 2 other games were lost by 1 goal, which means that unless the goalie was pulled during a tie, there were no empty net goals. Also, there was a 5-2 loss to Vancouver on November 25th, meaning that unless the goalie was pulled while the Habs were already down by 2 goals, there was no empty netter. I actually verified using the scoresheet, and sure enough there were no empty net goals.

Therefore, there were at least 5 games during which the Habs let in 3 or more goals without empty-netters.

And since Garon started in 4 games, this means that Theo was in nets for at least 1 game during which he allowed 3 or more goals.

Therefore, Theodore has not played 16 consecutive games without letting in more than 2 goals.

source: canadiens.com

OOUCH! Dude, you totally just dissed the guy!

For the guy,

please get your facts straight before posting.