Old
05-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
Just watched hank's presser, and I do not like the vibe I got when he was asked about re-signing.

He made an awful lot of references in the past tense, "The Rangers treated me well" "I have liked being here", etc. Not really quotes that make me believe his first priority is to resign with NY no matter what. If he truly wanted to be here he would have made the same comments Stepan made about wanting to retire a ranger and be here for his whole career.
Yeah I just watched it too. I didn't want to read too much into it because I really want to believe that he resigns here. But his answer surprised me. I'd at least expect him to say, "Sure I'd like to play here." or anything at least remotely generic about wanting to play here. And yeah, "The Rangers treated me well" thing made me wince. "I'll talk to my agent. I'll talk to my agent."

As someone else has said, maybe it was just the sting of losing and perhaps he's just focused on "right now" like he had said so he doesn't want to make any comments about his contract, but Jesus, I was hoping he would at least be a little positive about it.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote