View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 12:50 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
"Hitting the Reset button" is what the oilers do to deflect their over all incompetence.

The things most of us are critical of Reed about are things that have nothing to do with the sorry assed gm we had last year. they are things that have been present his 1st two years.

Poor in game coaching decisions. Bewildering players selections before games. Poor attention to detail and basic simple errors. Very poor body language and terrible on the sideline performance. Lack of discipline re penalties.

No, there is no reset button as far as I'm concerned.
Completely agree on all points.

The issue with the Esks IMO is with Len Rhodes.

Here are some quotes from Len regarding Reed....

Quote:
“I want Kavis to be part of the long-term future of this football club. Kavis has assured me that he’s still very much committed to the organization and the community.

“Kavis walks the talk. He’s just a fabulous person,” he said of the former Eskimos player in the ’90s who was an assistant coach for a decade with various teams in the league and never moved his family away from Edmonton.

Full article here.... http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/2...ones-interview

Len thinks Kavis is a great guy. Thats all well and good but what if anything does being a great guy have to do with being a successful coach?

Why was Len even commenting on Kavis Reed and handcuffing the GM from hiring his own man? Of course Hervey is going to say nice things about Reed after his boss makes the coaching decision for him. It is the GM's responsibility to decide on who coaches the team...not the CEO who knows little to nothing about football.

What a joke.

Why is it that the Board thinks that someone like Len Rhodes (who is clearly learning as he goes) was the best person for the CEO position?

Something is rotten with this team and you have to look way above Kavis Reed to see it.