View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Depends who'd we put in goal with Hank gone.
Yep.

If they don't have a legitimate starter, it would have to be Lundqvist. If they acquire a mid level starter, than it would be Crosby.

I can't blame Lundqvist if he does want to go elsewhere because I don't see us winning the Cup by the time he retires. I think he is beginning to sense that too. There were points this year where he looked more frustrated than he ever has been.

He saved Tortorella's job this season. He got us to the second round. But he needs more support to win it all. Our team just isn't good enough.

If we move him at the deadline next season if there is no extension in place, and we are a bubble team, we would basically be giving up on the season. And I don't think that will be an option for Dolan. The pure profit games are all in the playoffs. Dolan would be sacrificing Lundqvist, and his best shot at the playoffs, for a few trade pieces to miss $$$ in the post season.

Lundqvist also won't get a great return to warrant his loss and missing the playoffs. Look at what players like Kovalchuk and Hossa in their prime returned. GM's don't offer a big return on players signed for the next few months. It's not worth it. The Rangers would be moving Lundqvist, likely missing the playoffs, for some spare parts.

The Rangers would never get pieces like Hiller and Bobby Ryan for Lundqvist signed for 2 months...

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote