View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
No I don't think they like him,would you,lol? The guys acts like a dick and throws players under the bus left n right and has favorites. I don't know where u get the vibe they like him. At times they don't even look like they want to play for him
Uh, I actually think the players DO like Torts and I think that could actually be a problem for us. Torts does act like a dick, TO THE MEDIA. You think he speaks to his team that way? I bet he treats them all with the utmost respect during practice and meetings. You rarely ever see Torts VISIBLY ragging on a player on the bench either. He might be "yelling" but that doesn't necessarily mean it's in a derogatory manner. Like the other dude said, Torts benched his all-time favorite the last two games of the playoffs... so you don't really have a point there. And about him throwing people under the bus... who? Hagelin? Once? I think that's the only time he did something remotely close to that this season and like the other guy said, it was a motivational tactic which I wouldn't even call "throwing someone under the bus".

You could say that they MIGHT be getting frustrated with the system the team is playing, but I think they like/respect him as a person/coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
NO D00D THE TEAM SUX.

BRO, DON'T YOU FEEL BAD FOR HANX AND STUFF? HE NEEDS TO LEAVE FORT THE CLOWN AND STUFF AND GO 2 THE WINGZ. TEHY CAN JUST BUY OUT PLAYERS TO FIT HIM AND STUFF.

THE RANGER$$$$ SUX AND TOOTS THE PRAWN IS COACHING IT INTO P00P.

---

Yeah. Agreed. The team isn't bad at all. The amount of people that think the team sucks and is bad just blows my mind. Spoiled, spoiled NY sports fans.
I gotta ask you... do you play hockey? If so, did you watch the playoffs? I mean, this team looked like absolute CRAP in the playoffs both this year and last year. I wouldn't necessarily attribute getting into the second round (or the ECF for that matter) with "being a good team". I know that sounds silly, but if you look at the WAY the team played, it was just messy. The team lacked a solid break-out strategy. Their break-out plan was to throw the puck off the glass and hope that it squeaked over the blue-line. Almost every player on the ice lacked poise and confidence with the puck. Our offensive creativity was nearly non-existent for these past 2 post-seasons and it was very hard to watch. It's like you're almost praying for a lucky bounce in order for the team to score a goal because they couldn't CREATE any good scoring chances... and the FEW that they did were stifled for the most part.

I know it doesn't matter HOW goals are scored (and obviously every team scores dirty goals) but usually you can determine the skill of a team by looking at their goal-scoring style. If you go back and look at the goals we scored this post-season, there were maybe 3 "nice goals". Kreider's OT goal was a "nice" goal with a great set-up by Nash. Cally's breakaway back-hander was pretty ill, and maybe Girardi's first one-timer goal on the PP because of the sick setup by Brass. The rest were mostly either 'throw it on the net and wish' plays or complete defensive miscues by the other team - gifts (see Stepan's goal after stripping Chara).

So I'm not going to sit here and say that this team completely sucks... because we do have skill, just most of it is on defense (where did that go this playoffs?). Offensively, the Rangers are somewhat of a laughing-stock.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote