View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Hullois
Suck it Trebek

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
But he never said that. He said that he's not sure why his past comment was such a big deal, as all he's saying is that you can't have a normal life when you are the goalie for the Montreal Canadiens. He gave the example of trying to go to the movies and barely being able to enter the theater because of the crowd that formed. He said it is what it is, it's not crushing him, but it just means he can't live a normal life.

I don't understand why we should be shocked by this?
I started a similar answer yesterday but then I thought... It is not that I am shocked, but he admits that he doesn't like to be a superstar in the city. Actually, it bothers him, a lot. And the goalie position is probably the one that requires the most "mental stability" in order to reach that other level. And he's bothered all year long because he's stuck inside while he's used to unilimited space in his native BC.

I was always a fan of Price but I have come to think that he might never be able to be the goalie he can be because of MTL, and that maybe trading him somewhere he could go do his groceries unnoticed would be the best for him and the Montréal Canadiens. Too bad though, he can be really good.