View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
AtlantaWhaler, what's the latest on Ekholm? Both in terms of his development / play, as well as his opportunity with the Preds next season.

He'll be 24 when the season starts so I'm guessing he would have to clear waivers to go to the minors? Will be be on the roster this year?
Nope. He has one more year of being waiver free. Waiver rules are not really based on current age, it's more about when a player first signs his NHL contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'm sure you already know this, but we were discussing on the Preds board one of our prospects, Brendan Leipsic. He ended up being the top scorer in the WHL. I was trying to temper expectations and came up with Postma as an example. In 08-09 with the Calgary Hitmen, he was +67 with 84 pts. (23+61)
Postma is very underrated on these boards. He is a solid bottom pairing guy already, and has more upside in him. His defensive game is not nearly so bad as people make out, and he was rarely used in his bread and butter situation in Winnipeg (the powerplay).

Postma is 6'3'' and a defenseman, whereas Leipsic is 5'8'' and a forward. Not sure why Postma would even be in the discussion? Leipsic could be another Justin Azevedo, or Brendan Gallagher.