View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
May own the best point shot in the draft .. however, skating woes appear to be troublesome, as does his lack of physical aggression .. injuries derailed his season.

You would be happy with this?
The reports on Pulock are really hot or cold. Here's one that is filled with positivism:

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/20...-2013-nhl.html

Quote:
Pulock is a defenceman that does a bit of everything for Brandon. His skating has improved immensely over the past 18 months, he passes the puck well, has the hardest shot of anyone in the draft, throws some massive hits and plays both key minutes on the top PP and PK units. His leadership qualities are through the roof, serving as the Wheat Kings captain this year and being famous for being a character kid. Wouldn't be shocked if some teams like him as a top 6-7 player for the draft, although I think he's just in the tier below that. He's definitely right in that mix of players who could go in the top 10, so it will be interesting to see how much his "character" can bump him up in the draft. Could be one of those guys that plays one more year of junior and then makes the jump to the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
What type of player do you see Anthony Mantha ending up like? I know he's tall and still needs to fill out, but is he a perimeter type player? I haven't seen a lot of him, but what I did see I didn't think he shied away from the physical game or the corners/dirty areas. 50 goals in 67 games is pretty impressive though, so I was wondering if that would translate to the NHL and be a prolific goal scorer there too.
Poor man's James Neal would be a good way to describe him, IMO.