View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 06:08 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
NYR, Boston, Columbus, Los Angeles, Nashville just on top of my head, would not do this for performance-related reasons.

Then, you've got teams like Vancouver, Detroit, Anaheim, Phoenix, St. Louis, Ottawa, Carolina and Minnesota who would not do it based on fit and chemestry, and also based on cost and the fact it's not worth it to pull the trigger on such a trade for them for that little difference in performance.

That's 13 teams I wouldn't see being interested in trading their #1 goalie for Price, for many different reasons.
NYR - Lundqvist is elite, one of the best if not THE best goalie in the NHL today. Agreed.

LA - Ditto for Quick, he is one of the best in the NHL today.

Boston - Rask is playing well, but Boston is a very good defensive team. He fits well on that team in particular so I doubt they'd move him, but it isn't as if he's so obviously better than Price.

Columbus - Bob had one fantastic year there, but I'd like to see some more from him before putting him in the elite top 5 category. Mason won a Vezina in Columbus too, once upon a time.

Nashville - Eh, Rinne had a pretty average season...A lot of his success was from the system.

Detroit - Howard is an elite goaltender, I agree they shouldn't make that move.

Vancouver - They would definitely make that trade

Anaheim - Not worth it, they have amazing goalie depth now and in the future

Phoenix - They absolutely would do it and Price would win more than one Vezina there.

St. Louis - LOL come on, they are probably going to buy out Halak. They would make that trade in 2 seconds if they could and Price would win multiple Vezinas in that goalie friendly system.

Ottawa and Minnesota - They would make this trade all day long with the old goalies they have there.

Carolina - Ward isn't exactly a world-breaker here....