View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 06:28 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't think his skating is good, during the draft I didn't want him because his skating reminded me of Mike Ribeiro's, my bigger concern for him going into last season was his lack of physical abilities, lack of lower body strength, overall strength, lack of quickness, not very explosive and with his frame he may have trouble ever filling out the way he needs too. I never thought he had trouble with the speed at which he thinks the game but it's something I will look for going forward.

As for last season I still have no clue what happened, as it's like he just fell apart, nothing seemed to go his way for very long.
Just speaking about the physical abilities, I don't think that is a weakness in his game, I mean during his time with the Habs he was very good along the boards, threw hits, and played a physical game, for a guy that was coming off 2 straight summers of surgery and not being able to work out.

IMO his game is perfectly suited for a 3rd 4th line right winger, that you can either move up to either centre or in the top 6 in cases of injuries.

I really don't want to be that guy that post a video of one random play but I remember Leblanc making a lot of plays along the boards line this, just winning puck battles. I mean wasn't that the reason he was moved to RW, because he was able to win so many puck battles, because with a guy with his hockey IQ, he would be a better at centre if he didnt play physical.

Just listened to Armstrong on tsn radio from this morning, it seems like the Habs don't plan on re-signing him, unless other plans don't plan out, thats 1 roster spot maybe up for graps for Leblanc aim to get.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote