View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 08:32 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
I think Ryan is a bit overrated. I like him and would add him for the right price. But I am not sure another winger who doesn't carry the puck a ton is the answer for this team.

Also RE the idea that the Rangers' defensive system is bad for Lundqvist due to deflections / screens. To play devil's advocate - couldn't you argue that the reason those are the plays that beat him because they are all the Rangers give up when playing their system well? Obviously all teams have breakdowns. But if the Rangers were more aggressive, thus giving up more odd man rushes and especially allowing other teams to outnumber them down low in the dzone would Hank's numbers be what they are?

I certainly think you could say that he is good enough to overcome that. I think you could say that more pressure on the points and fludity in the dzone would force more turnovers and allow the Rangers to not get pinned as much. But I also think you could argue that stripping away the rigid structure could increase goals against purely by increasing quality of opportunities and would 100% need to result in more offense to keep the Ws and Ls the same...