View Single Post
Old
05-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I think you are asking too much from Postma considering his mold and level of NHL experience. Not all defensemen come in a la Karlsson and have it figured out immediately. Some D men don't 'get it' til they are in their late twenties.

I think all you can do is continue to look for improvement. As long as he is heading in the right direction then you have to be happy with his development.
The only thing I objected to was the comment he's not that bad defensively.

Right now, I'm not sure who is worse defensively than Postma on the Jets d. Redmond started to struggle, before he was sat down and then injured. But defensively, he was stronger than Postma and if he wasn't injured, likely would have played more games and more mins than Postma, IMO. But we'll never know, I suppose.

He's got a long ways to go defensively, but offensively he can push the play and support the rush well. And has a bomb from the point and should be used on the pp more. He's young and his offensive game is developing and better than maybe half the Jets d. I would like to see more progression playing defence. But that may be just me.

Edit: looked up his box stats and in his last 4 games he had 0 pts and was -3. Averaging around 15 mins. All I'm saying is he has work to do defensively.

Last edited by Bob E: 05-28-2013 at 11:25 PM.