View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 01:13 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Stretch it out, I cut a number on either end. He fell off a bit after losing Briere and Drury. He has really fallen off over the last 3 seasons. I am not sure from whom it comes, Regier or Ruff or a combo of the two.

They pay Ehrhoff a load and put him on #2 PP in favor of Myers. Force Myers into the QB role (he should only be a trigger) and shutdown role (he should be middle pair/physical). Hasn't used his best playmakers on #1 PP. Guys like Ennis and Leino. He isn't putting players in a position to succeed like he used to do. They offloaded Leopold who was likely their second best dman. He had a horrific problem in that he doesn't have an elite playmaker. His best were second and third tier. He gave way too much time to Gaustad who sucked the offense out of any line he was on with his lack of speed.
Regier's decisions personnel-wise have been suspect since they've loosened the purse strings. I agree Ruff hasn't used it too well. I don't expect Ruff or anyone of that type to really come here. If they wanted to go for it again, they might as well keep McLellan because none of the ones that are available are that much different that it would bring some element that this team is sorely lacking. They need a new direction as an organization as a whole.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote