View Single Post
Old
01-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Good read, and good to see you back!

I agree with your point on Quintal. He has been a rock solid player on the PK, but I feel he's struggled a lot otherwise. It may be a case of overhyping prospects, but I do feel Komisarek is more effective on the even strength right now. He's simply better at moving the puck quickly up the ice--which has been a major weakness in years past, and in some games this season.

Komisarek also plays a meaner game which seems to have an impact. Notice how Montreal plays two spirited games when Komisarek's in the lineup over the weekend, but played gutless hockey against the Stars on Wednesday? I'm not saying that's all Komisarek, but when there's a certain amount of players that are willing to play a strong, hard-hitting game, it starts rubbing off on the rest of the club.

Added to that, Komisarek is more willing to clear the crease, is a far superior skater, and is harder on the opposition along the boards. Right now it looks like a lot of effort for Quintal to even bodycheck an opponent, and he doesn't use his lower body strength when hitting. As such, his hits are generally ineffective (well, outside of the hit on Savard).

Other than that, I agree with your rankings. I like Sundstrom's play a bit more than most, though.