View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 03:20 AM
GoldenJet89

vCash: 500
on the postma/defence note... i guess its never a bad thing to have a decent number of talented guys, but doesnt it seem like we have a very weird mix of players?

assuming postma is on the third pairing... we basically have 4 defencemen that are more offensively talented than defensively

enstrom's skating makes him useful in our own zone, but lack of physicality and net presence hurt him a lot.. our first pairing is not a shutdown pair

buff is buff... we've talked his pros and cons to death

clitsome checks hard and plays somewhat physical, but he is still at his best as a puck moving/distributing guy, with a decent shot to go along with it... his defence improved drastically, but not to a top 4 level IMO

and postma, whos been discussed in this page alot, way more of an offensive minded player than anything

that leaves redmond, stuart, bogo, hainsey (likely gone), meech, and trouba. FOUR of which are right hand D. we likely need the most help on the left side going forward... are any of these guys going to be able to excell on their off-side, or do we need to look at filling that void elsewhere

as many combinations as i drum up in my head, none really look that solid defensively to me. even if trouba steps in and contributes right away