View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 06:40 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Forget about this Staal to Anaheim stuff. Everyone in hockey knows about the Staals. Is this another trade that works on NHL13?

If Mark wants to go to Carolina, I suspect Sather would do exactly what Shero did last year -- accomodate him. I also assume Rutherford would do the same thing he did last year -- pay a fair price. For me that's Falk and the 6th.

Don't expect that will happen.
The only reason to go to Carolina is because of his brothers. Eric got his knee banged up by Edler in the WC. He was very lucky it wasn't a torn ACL. Jordan played in the WC too. He is now home watching his former team reach the conference finals. Will Carolina be better playing in a tougher division from now on? Is that team competing for the playoffs next season or will they be out it before the trading deadline? How does Jordan feel about his decision now? That's a budget team. Everything needs to break right for them to be successful. That's hard. The Canes made the playoffs once since winning the Cup in 2006. That was in 2009 when they lost in the ECF to Pittsburgh. Carolina upset Boston in the 2nd round.