View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 09:46 AM
GoHomez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
What top 5 goalie performance are you talking about? The 20 odd games he played in the A? You're pinning your hopes on his brief stint in the A?

The way I see it Price has one more season to prove himself and if MB holds onto him for that one season and Price craps the bed again his value will be worth less than his soiled diapers and just as aromatic.

It's a risk that MB will have to make: stay with Price or cash in on his perceived value and then sign a competent UFA goalie or trade for an up & coming one.

As of today I think MB would come out on the plus side of the transactions. He could probably get a top 5 draft pick and maybe one or two other pieces for Price. A UFA goalie will cost less than what we're paying Price: i.e. Smith. The falloff from a Price you think we'll get to the Smith we will have will more than be compensated by the high draft picks & other pieces. That's if Price starts to approach his potential. If he doesn't, as I think he never will, MB will have made a major trade to better the team.

I'm not 100% certain that Price has shown us his best but pretty close to certain. And it's MB's call. that's why he's paid the big bucks and I post my nonsense for free on the web.

If Price has another typical year, MB will be begging GMs to take him off his hands.
I have yet to see anyone answering the question why said manager would give up an early 1st++ for Price when he could just sign Smith for less and get the same performance?