Thread: Player Discussion: Louis Leblanc?
View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Since Leblanc was drafted there's been some hate towards him around here, never understood it but then again we seem to have people that actually think that the Habs would waste a 1st round draft pick on picking someone just because of where they were born. I wouldn't say he's strong and fast at the moment, he's more average in those areas imo and I can see why others are expressing doubts about him since he just had such a poor season and really looked out of sorts which is concerning for sure. I expect him to bounce back next year but still hard to understand just what went so wrong with him.
The 3 legit potential causes I see that derailed his season...may be a combination or just one...

1-I think after finishing the year NHL and playing 40+ games, he wasn't quite as motivated to suit up with hamilton again this year or he thought it would be easier after his NHL stint.

2-the ankle injury, high ankle sprains are terrible for hockey players, it slowed Crosby down a lot the year he had it

3-he may have clashed with the new leadership in Hamilton, also not having a lot of veteran skill didn't help(Geoffrion hurt and Palushaj in Colorado).

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote