View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 01:22 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Chicago drafted Kane and Toews. They signed Hossa to the free agent contract in 2009. Dale Tallon stole Sharp from Philly. Bolland was a draft pick. The Hawks don't have a true 2nd line center. Sharp and Kane have played there but they're wingers. Down the middle its Toews,Bolland,Shaw and Kruger. Handzus is also a center. Quenneville coached him in STL too. They had to gut the team after winning the Cup because of the cap. They used trades and player development to rebuild their depth. There is no reason why the Rangers can't do the same thing and stay away from free agency. Even if you look at Boston. Paille,Horton and Campbell came in trades. Horton and Campbell came in the same trade. Kelly and Peverley came in trades. Bergeron,Krejci,Marchand, Lucic and Seguin came from the draft. Seguin came from the Kessel trade. The other 4 players weren't first rounders. All of them are top players. Boston doesn't have the true #1 center. They won in 2011. There are many ways to build a team. Stepan and Brassard are good players. The Rangers have Miller,Lindberg and eventually Nieves to add at center. Build the team. They have Nash and Callahan. Hagelin. Kreider. Trade DZ for a forward. Give some of kids an opportunity. I would trade Boyle for a young bottom six player. Boyle had a good playoff. Move him. Stay away from the free agents.
I agree, and point out that by moving so many vets for so many prospects, my post with so many proposals is the closest approximation we could hope for to retroactively building our team (as if it were de facto equivalent of) by the draft!