View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakOil View Post
Horcoff has been done for a few seasons. For a long time I respected Horcoff because he was always the hardest working guy. That's been lost over the last few years. I regularly saw him give up on plays over the last two years. That old all out hustle was gone. Horcoff is not a guy that can afford to do this, and a lot of his fall from grace had to do with the fact that he simply wasn't working as hard as he used to imo.

I get that it's been a difficult few years for the team, but it's clearly time for both sides to move on. Good luck to you Shawn, you can probably still play in the right role, but I sincerely hope it's no longer for the Oilers.
There was a long conversation during a game between Horc and Smyth that seemed pretty animated at the time Smyth got benched. This in a year where Smyth was also laughing after taking a bad penalty or in a losing game. Both of these players mailed it in at some point. For Smyth its been just over a year. For Horcoff its been years.

Horc probably on some beach now not worrying about anything. For a player that presumably trains as hard as he does I've never seen a Center quite as useless and one that lost a lot of his ability while still young.

I think we virtually kill motivation with our contract awards. Horc seems motivated to get out of hockey healthy and expend as little energy as possible, and take as little responsibility as possible, while milking the last years on his lottery win.

Replacement* is offline   Reply With Quote