Thread: Confirmed with Link: Tortorella Fired Pt II: "The Search"
View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Lindy Ruff would seem like the favorite, but Marc Crawford, Brent Sutter and Dave Tippet could be discussed.

Marc Crawford -- Missed the PO's his last 5 years in the NHL. Same problem as Torts. Used the same transition mechanism as Torts and Hartley did prior to the lockout, Ds standing up high, after winning the puck they could move it from the neutral zone to their centers who had skill and utilize the skill they had during the trapping era without getting killed by the trap. Today you gotta be able to transit all the way from your own end.

Could potentially have learned a thing or two coaching in Europe the last two years. Its not hard to acknowledge what works in the game today, Torts was basically alone in the entire NHL with the old approch.

Positives is that he has a good personality, a ton of experience, and probably alot to left to give. He is a very likeable guy. Hardly a dream option in the end though.

Brent Sutter -- Did a very impressive job in NJ before he went to Calgary where he had nothing to work with basically.

I think he is the safest option out there save for Ruff. He understands the game post-lockout, unlike Torts, he can handle media and he would have no problem handling Torts legacy.

Could be a very good option...

Tippet and Maloney did a helluva work with what they had to work with in PHX. He did a great job in Dallas really.

I am not that familier with him, but I am not 100% on the "potential" on him. He can build a functional team, that we know for sure.