View Single Post
05-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Sure its bleacher report I read many different sites and try to remain open minded to opinion. People are sure quick to piss on other opinions. I did not say this was my thoughts on Barkov. Far too often articles are just taken as truth when the reality is somewhere in the middle. With the 4th pick everyone has just came to love Barkov. Im not sold There are weaknesses in this guy. He is a drop off from the top 3 and Lindholm in my opinion would be a better pick at 4.

Ya know even a broken clock is right twice a day. Im more concerned with the statment about on ice skating abilities than the shoulder which is a real concern. See Gaustad, Goose has had a bad shoulder for a number of years before he got to NAshville and lost a good part of the season here.

This 4th pick is going to be a crapshoot. And none of the guys that are available at 4 are not going to be a savior in the next year or two. And if there is truth to Barkov's skating we should pass on him.
I've read reports on Forsberg saying the reason the Caps gave up on him so fast were due to his skating ... I guess we'll find out, you're right it's a crap shoot... I'd much rather go with the kid that has size & can take the abuse at the NHL level ... The Kings aren't a fast skating team but they sure as **** can think the game better than anyone else & they have size to boot ... I'd much rather go that route then let's have the fastest bunch of midgets there are on the ice for the next decade