View Single Post
Old
10-06-2006, 12:37 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliot View Post
Considering that the Habs are still lacking a sizeable and skilled centre, do you think the organization will regret not selecting Anze Kopitar over Carey Price with their 1st round fifth pick?

TSN's Mackenzie has chosen Kopitar as a top ten shining rookie for this new season.

Imagine if we had Kopitar and Latendresse on the same line.Or Kopitar with Kovalev.If Kostitsyn was a left winger we would have the leagues first KKK line.

Of course at the time of that draft, they couldn't predict the emergence of Huet and further decline of Theodore.

Do you think we were heavily considering Kopitar?Did they even meet with him?

I do know that they had been following Price for years and felt he had the potential to be a franchise goalie for us.He is very mature for his years.Who do you think was their next 1st choice?

Many critics love Price as well, but were surprised that the Habs selected him considering their obvious lack of size at centre.

How do you feel about it now?

Elliot
My guess is they will regret Brule more than Kopitar as he looks like the better prospect. I would never blow a top 10 pick on a goalie myself but the Hab brass and those who get to see Price play still love the guy. If you think you have a Martin Brodeur on the way up, just how many centers are going to help your team as much? Until he is surpassed by one of the guys they could have had, I don't think they are losing any sleep. I think they would like to see how he looks with a team in front of him though.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote