View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 06:04 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
Of all the players that we could reasonably expect to be available at 24/25 or whom we could contemplate moving up for, Morin stands out. His play at the U18s was an eye opener. His combination of size, mobility and ice presence makes him a player that projects very well as an NHLer. I suspect that I am not the only one who believes in this player's immense potential. It would not surprise me that he goes in the first 15 picks. There are a lot of quality defencemen available in this draft, some overated (Nurse , Morrissey, Pulock, Zadorov and Hagg ) and some underrated ( Bowey and Heatherington). In my assessment, among available defenceman, Morin has the best potential after Jones and Ristolainen. As I previously posted, there are only two players that I would consider moving up for: Morin and Lazar. Both should go between 10 and 15 and could be obtained without paying a king's ransom. To select Morin, I would gladly give up our first along with one of our seconds and one of our thirds. Would that be enough to move up 6 or 8 spots? I don't know. Maybe, Morin will fall to us. We could get lucky. But then again, I have long since given up believing in the tooth fairy.
Thanks for your input. I'll watch the semi-final vs finland again tonight to get a better look at him. I saw his highlights from the U18, and you're right, he looked very impressive.

Cheers.