View Single Post
Old
05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChifles View Post
In looking at the ECHL and it's mid-west expansion - if Indianapolis does join next year and Peoria, was wondering if Muskegon would try to field an AA team again. It would have many more of the teams they played against before in other leagues.
With what is happening it seems like the East Coast is losing teams or they are dropping down to juniors. Can see that happening with Wheeling, Erie (reports/rumors they are leaving the OHL), Elmira and then maybe we would see Youngstown switch to have more travel partners.
I think if Erie opens up, I think that will be the gateway to the East for the USHL in some form of fashion. I think Buffalo could be possible too for the USHL.

You take a look at the Buffalo Jr. Sabres of the OJHL, the OJHL is going to a pay-to-play model like Tier III Jr. Hockey in the states would they like to make a jump?

I believe the Sabres (NHL) team is building a new practice facility/there's a new hockey complex going up in the city. I believe there's a partnership between the Jr. Sabres/Sabres. It would a way for Terry Pegula to get kids to go to Penn State eh?

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote