View Single Post
Old
10-06-2006, 08:26 AM
FisherKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
This comment sounds a bit ironic to me as I see Souray himself as the most likely candidate to be shown out next summer.

Looking at left side of our defences - Bouillon is already signed long term and Markov is 1st priority which leaves third spot between Souray, Niinimaa or some other UFA defender out there.
Well, not to "put words in your mouth" Marksman, but you seem to be implying that Bouillon is higher on the D depth chart than Souray. Not sure I would agree with that, although in the "New" NHL, it might be. Don't get me wrong, I like Bouillon, but I think a lot will depend on whether Souray actually WANTS to stay in Montreal or be traded perhaps closer to where his daughter lives, which seems to be the feeling of many. I dunno, but I suspect that if Souray as UFA wants to stay in Montreal, the Habs will do everything they can to hang on to him. Yes, he has his weaknesses, especially defensively, but he still comes across to me as one of the real leaders on this team. Not too sure he'd be all that easy to replace, and I don't think Bouillon has the same leadership qualities - although if Komi blooms, he may have the "presence" on the ice of Souray and be able to fill the hole created by the departure of Souray (if indeed he does depart). Anyway, just my take on the situation. In any event, I think we're in for a great year.

Cheers.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote