View Single Post
Old
01-05-2004, 05:04 AM
wasting time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Haven't you heard? Malakhov has already announced that he's going to retire at the end of the season. Given the way he's played over the last year here, I think he has absolutely no trade value. Why bother renting a player who has absolutely no drive left? One who has already won it all?

As for Kaspar: his contract makes him almost untradeable, especially given the labor situation and uncertainty over what's going to happen next. No one is going to take a chance with so many years left on that huge contract. At least he seems to have found his game again. And we need the physical presence that he brings when he plays well.

Someone might be interested in renting BoBo though. If he doesn't let Malakhov continue to drag down the level of his play.
I did not know about Malakhov retiring. If he is a rental then all the acquiring team needs is a couple of final months out of him. Very risky though, I agree.

I doubt Kaspar will have any market value if he still has 4 years to go. Agreed.

The value of Mironov is next to nothing. Sorry.

As for Poti, I have seen 6 Rangers games this year. Oh my god, he was awful. I do not like his trade value either.

From a Leafs fan, my apologies.