Old
05-29-2013, 10:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Good news too:

Left wing Maxim Kitsyn looks to be returning to North America. The highly skilled forward opened a lot of eyes while playing for the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors (OHL) in 2011 before returning to Russia to honor previous commitments.

Hextall says the Kings can sign him in July and all indications are a deal will be announced at that time.

If so, the 6-foot-2 forward will most likely be assigned to Manchester (AHL) next season.

“There’s training camp for everybody, but that would be our thought process at that point,” Hextall noted. “If any player comes in and lights it up at training camp, things can change. But, that would be out thought process.”

Gibson and Schumacher out, Kitsyn most likely in.

I thought I had posted this last week.

Oh well, Kitsyn is definitely coming back and like I have said is very excited to get his shot at the NHL.

He is one of the prospects in our system that I believe can be with the team sooner rather than later and very well could be a big impact player. Over the past month I had a chance to watch a dedicated vid of his every minute of his season. His game is still right there. He was forced to play a very defencive game and faced what allot of young Russians are forced to face after leaving the country to play hockey in NA and then having to return.

There is a term for it but it breaks down to a level of punishment.

Kitysn will need some time to re-assimilate to the NA style of game but he hits hard and has truly exceptional hands. Here's hoping he makes the team within the next year. Heck of a player.