Old
05-30-2013, 06:15 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Fair enough.

Still this seems like one of the stronger Slovak draft classes developed under Slovak tutelage it seems to me. The Slovak system was a mess in the early to mid 90's (if I understand correctly, I am too young to understand what was happening at the time) and other than half decent 04 there is nothing that stands out from 02-08. Other than that there is Halak from that time period as an NHLer and Zaborsky as a NT player. That's pretty poor.

I am always looking for positives here.

It seems to be with guys like Dano, Cehlarik, Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus, etc that the Slovak system is slowly putting themselves back together. It does not have the numbers that maybe the late 90's/early 00's Slovak drafts had, but there was so many busts in that group it seems as though those prospects were benefitting from the strength of the Slovak system. It seems like some talent is starting to come through the Slovak system again. Little by little.

2011 seems like a decent class as well no doubt. I have high high hopes for that class as Jurco and Tatar were two of my very favourite players out of the 11 class. Gernat is looking to be steal in the 5th round as well.

It does not seem like the Slovak system will ever be turning out 7-13 top 7 round picks like they used to between 98-02, with plenty of NT players, but if they can continue to turn out 2-3 top end prospects (top 2-3 rounds of NHL draft, strong potential NT players) then the Slovak system can continue.

I realize that there are MANY problems, but after my admittedly very very short time in Slovakia I feel as though the passion for the game of hockey is not the problem. I am and will continue to be a big supporter of the Slovakian hockey system. Hope you guys can continue to turn out some top end talent and continue to compete at the top level.

My whole point is with Dano (who is IMO) the best Slovak prospect since Zagrapan (what a disappointment), Cehlarik (who has become close to a Panik level), Reway (solid junior scorer and is looking like a decent 2nd-4th rounder) and perhaps Timotej Sille (late round boom or bust) this seems like an above average Slovak class.

As an aside, if anybody got to this point in my post, does anybody think Timotej Sille gets drafted? I have heard the complaints about him, but he does seem to have a very high skill level, although perhaps not the determination or drive to be an NHL prospect.
Dont agree with bold part, it is not slovak system of developing.

Quote:
It seems to be with guys like Dano, Cehlarik, Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus, etc that the Slovak system is slowly putting themselves back together.
Dano - KHL system
Cehlarik - Swedish system
Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus - CHL/US/CAN system

If a player is developed untill his 20-22yrs in Slovakia, I will say it is slovak system.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote