View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 08:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Right handed shots rarely play on the left side as there's usually an abundance of lefties and not righties.

Chances are, these right handed dman have never play consistently on the left side. I've played on hockey teams were there wasn't 1 right handed shots.
of course there's an abundance of lefties and not righties as likely anyone that played on a team would recall, as a RH I can remember having trouble getting RH sticks from my local store (didn't have a rink nearby, just outside of philly).

But it doesn't mean that some couldn't play LD. I know Rivet didn't like it and O'Byrne struggled when he was first moved to LD, but hopefully at least one from the group can make the adjustment.

Even if not I don't know if it would need to lead to a trade, granted I'm all for it improving the team and it does make sense to deal from a position of strength but with injuries and call ups I would just give them all a shot and whoever doesn't cut it goes to the ECHL. Would be great to have some real depth on defense in Hamilton.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote