View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 08:38 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
What's the book on Yogan at this point? Has he developed in Hartford, or likely career AHLer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
He has the size, grit, skating, hands and vision to play at the next level. Pretty good at FO's too. Needs more seasoning though. I suspect he will get a cup of tea next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
This. He looked decently in the AHL this year. He'll get a look in camp, but needs time yet.
He missed a significant chunk of major development time with an injury which was unfortunate. He has the skills, size and skating to be an effective bottom-6 player but the issue prior to this season, was that he was not effective unless getting big minutes. He had problems engaging when given 10-12 minutes a game.

He was sent down to the ECHL due to the depth that started the year in Hartford and the fact that he needed lots of minutes. He found his game down there with almost a ppg and then came back up and was effective using his body and driving hard to the net. That is when he is effective. He has to drive tot he net with his size and strength.

I would say he needs at least another full year in the AHL and to get to ~ 40-45 points at least. He also needs to continue to get stronger and play with a bit of a mean streak to have a shot of moving up and like all young players, consistency is key.

I was high on him when he was drafted so maybe I am a bit biased, but I think the Rangers have a future NHLer on their hands with Yogan.