Thread: Prospect Info: Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:
View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 10:01 AM
bewbies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
It's great that the team is having a very successful run. I'm still not over joyed with the makeup of the team however re true prospects vs good career minor leaguers.
"True prospects" are playing huge roles on this team. At a minimum, you've got Harti, Davidson, Rajala, Marincin, and Lander (before he got hurt) that look like they'll be NHL caliber guys, all of whom are playing big minutes and playing really well. Arcobello, Fedun, Cornet, Stretch, and Pitlick all have an outside shot at the NHL (in my opinion) and all are big parts as well. That's a pretty typical breakdown for a good AHL team.

Game last night was more or less domination for almost the whole game. GR couldn't move through the NZ effectively (great backchecking and smart pinches by the D) and they only had a couple of minutes of sustained pressure the whole game. The shot total is a little misleading, I bet half of their shots were softies from outside. The Barons are blocking shots like crazy (on one PP I counted 6 blocks, plus two more shots that went wide because the lane was clogged) and the team defense has been outstanding.

Oilers fans should be pretty pleased to hear that Davidson and Marincin are playing superb hockey right now. Davidson in particular has turned into a legit 1/2 guy in the AHL, he was great at both ends last night (his assist on Cornet's goal was a beauty). Marincin is starting to make better decisions and he's really starting to use his size/reach more effectively. Our two ECHL guys (Stretch and Hotham) have also both been pretty awesome. Stretch might be worth a two-way deal if the Oilers are in the market for a two-way center.

Hope that House will be ok. I didn't see Grant's hit but it was nice to see Eager step up. He had his best game (well, half game) that I've seen him play last night, was actually hitting people and forechecking and whatnot. Great goal too.

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote