Thread: Confirmed with Link: Tortorella Fired Pt II: "The Search"
View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 12:07 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
See, I feel the opposite. I've been coming here for 8 years, and I've grown tired of discussing trivial matters that essentially don't matter in the big picture. Deliberating over "minor" details such as a roster move or coach seems, at this point, futile, when you know that nothing will change until the big picture changes.

Glen Sather is the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise, and aside from Mike Milbury, is easily the worst front office executive in this sport or any of the other major North American pro team sports.

These reports coming out about how Sather had no intention of firing Tortorella until the players spoke up are a microcosm of the whole situation. Clearly, Sather has no idea what he's doing. He has no idea what's going on, he has no idea how to read the situation on the ice, off the ice, and clearly he has no idea how to read the situation from the business side.

**** you, "Slats."
shame on you then for believing this. I am by no means endorsing Sather, but the image that you and others have crafted of a bumbling fool walking up and down his office in his bathrobe, petting his cat is the epitome of scapegoat mentality. He's surrounded by hockey intelligence, and knows exactly why he fired Tortorella, he's just NOT TELLING YOU WHY!

He's GM of the franchise, you aren't. you are privy to ZERO information.

We can't blame the coach for the team's performance, but we can blame the GM? BS!

Last edited by NikC: 05-30-2013 at 12:13 PM.