View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 01:31 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Good post TB!

The only thing I would add is that using Sather's own standard and definition of success, his tenure has not been a success. He said yesterday that anything short of playing in the SCF is not a success.
Thanks, Singin'. You were not voted as my sidekick for nothing (yeah, it was THAT long ago)

People forget Mucker. Lowe. Checkmates. Lindros/Bure/Carter. The Tominator. Brent friggin Fedyk. Or how Jagr ran the team. This coach. That coach. Heck, even Renney. And all we did was scream around here for a tough guy coach, that would hold everyone accountable. For a fair coach, who would let the kids play. The amount of youngsters in important positions has been amplified by Torts. And the accountability is arguably the best in the league. They played as a team and sacrificed for each other.

As for Sather, he should have been fired a long, long time ago. And you are right. But his standard, he has been a complete failure in NY. I do not care what he did in Edmonton. In NY, he has been a disaster. If winning the Cup is the sole way of success, then every coach should be fired every year.

Oh, and Lundqvist? Let's remember that he was a Christer Rockstrom pick. A Euro superscout whom Sather fired, I believe. Henke was drafted before Sather got here I think.