View Single Post
05-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Believe In Henke
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
What I think reasonable people expect is a player with his skill set and regular season productivity to at least carry his share of the load in a playoff run. He failed to do that this playoff season. The above players you mentioned were pretty good at it. Nash has had limited playoff experience, so I'd cut him a bit of slack. Next year? No.

It's way too early to put him Mike Gartner territory, but Nash needs to look at players like that or better yet his buddy Joe Thornton, and run like hell in the other direction.
You said it, this was really his first shot at a title, not the end of the world to me. I mentioned Dave Andreychuk cause that's more in line with the kind of player Nash is. He's no Messier, he's never gonna have the skill or versatility to come close, but Andreychuk was a scoring machine that could not lift a team to victory all by himself, doesn't make him garbage for it. Andreychuk always performed, but the Sabres never won a playoff series in his 11 years with that club.

It's not like we saw the whole team performing and Nash lagging behind, many on this team underachieved. In game 6 it was Nash who pressured Backstrom deep in the Caps zone that led to the turnover that led to his deflected pass for the GWG.

Meanwhile, none of this would be an issue, and maybe we'd still be watching hockey if the power play was somewhat stable. I don't hold Nash to be the be all end all on offense and that includes the PP.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote