-Buy-out Horcoff
-Trade Belanger for anything
-Trade Hemsky(50% salary retained) for Vermette
-Trade Harski + ANA's 2nd for Peverley and Boychuk
-Sign McArthur
-Sign Torres
-Sign Greiss

FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Antoine Vermette ($3.750m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Sam Gagner ($4.000m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Magnus Paajarvi ($1.600m) / Rich Peverley ($3.250m) / Clarke MacArthur ($2.000m)
Raffi Torres ($1.500m) / Anton Lander ($0.900m) / Mike Brown ($0.737m)
Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Jeff Petry ($1.750m)
Oscar Klefbom ($1.244m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)
Nick Schultz ($3.500m) / Justin Schultz ($3.775m)
Corey Potter ($0.775m) /

GOALTENDERS
Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
Thomas Greiss ($1.000m)

OTHER
Buried: Ben Eager ($0.175m)
Buyout: Shawn Horcoff ($0.000m)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (3.888% of upper limit)
Ales Hemsky ($2.500mó50.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,622,500; BONUSES: $8,900,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,500,000
I like the Boychuk, Peverly idea, but I'm not sure the Harski and a 2nd gets it done. I think we're doing Boston a favor by taking on Peverly's salary (after a dissapointing year) and clearing much needed cap space for them. We may have to add a prospect or something (another pick) to get it done.... Musil? Lander? Rajala? They may even hold out for PRV, but only if they add Khudobin, which would save signing Griess. But definitely Peverly on the 3rd line, who CAN play 2nd line adds some veteran presence, leadership and a player who can do better than just "not get scored against". Great start, assuming they waive their NTC.

I like that you're focusing on strength down the middle.... not top end talent, but solid veterans, not young guys. But I really don't like all the posts counting on Kelfbom to be in our top 6 for next year. I really believe Detroit has the right idea with guys learning in the minors. If Klefbom is one of our top 6 and he struggles then we really have a problem and it might be tough to find a replacement mid-season. Let's finally set one of the kids up for success. For that I'd bring in another vet D man, maybe Rosival (or similar) on a 1 or 2 year deal? That's probably the only criticism and maybe a little more beef on the wings.... but really a fairly solid squad.

I like Vermette also. I'm a big fan, but I'd love to add Klesla (no need for Rosizal then), but that might be too much. I'd move Gagner in a deal if Klesla was included and look for some size on that LW.

I'm fine with MacArthur and if that UFA pursuit fails - Stallberg, Zubrus, Bickell could be reasonable alternatives.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote