View Single Post
05-30-2013, 02:00 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Nobody is saying that he should never be traded. I wouldn't even say that about Giroux. But he's good defensively and unless there's a deal that actually helps the team (as opposed to a "change of scenery" type thing) there's no good reason to trade him. He has his limits, which are the same as they've been since the Flyers traded for him. But as the other guy said, he's fine as long as you don't expect him to be something he's not.
At $4.5 Killion per season, that's lead pairing money. That's not complimentary money. Coburn is simply a luxury that this team can't afford. I could care less about the limited he plays because he just can't be relied upon to make constantly good decisions when he's on the ice. And honestly, you'd expect that after being paired with guys like Jason Smith, Derian Hatcher, and Kimmo Timonen, that some hockey sense would rub off on him, but he just hasn't been able to pull it together. I don't understand how one guy continually gets gets a pass. He's got to go and the sooner, the better.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote