View Single Post
05-30-2013, 04:07 PM
True Blue
vCash: 500
Need to respond to this

Not saying that Sather is a saint, but Torts lost the team, why would you keep him? Players won't perform well if they don't like the coach. Just as people typically don't perform well at their jobs if they don't like their boss.
Torts lost the team? Look at their record over the last month or so. They continued to play as hard as anyone. Hardly evidence of "loosing a team".

Were you the type of person who got pissed because Messier had Roger Neilson fired? The Rangers were going nowhere with Torts. His style doesn't fit in today's NHL and doesn't play to the strengths of the team.
His style does not fit today's NHL? How many teams would trade places with the Rangers last year? How many would trade places with them this year? Since when does defensive hockey not win games? If his style did not play to strength of team, then tell me how two years ago, when they were picked either 8th or out of the playoffs, they finished first in the conference and within 2 games of the Finals?

One or two players putting up a good season doesn't make a good offensive team.
Ok, they are not a good offensive team. And?

The Rangers have continuously been one of the most boring teams in the NHL.
So what? Boring wins. The Devils made a dynasty out of being boring.
They rarely dominated another team.
How many times did they make it past the first round? Who cares about domination? I just want to win.
Does anyone think that the team would have ever won a cup with this grinding style?
Give me a coach who focuses more on offense and gets this team at least in the top half of the league in goal scoring and PP percentage and let Lundqvist do his thing and we'll see results. The best defense is a good offense.
Defense wins. Always has, always will. How did the 'hawks prevail over the Red Wings in OT? 2-1.