View Single Post
Old
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
WarriorofTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Colorado does not have a #1C. Duchene, RoR, and Stastny do not fit that bill, and I don't think they will.

And you are severely under rating MacKinnons all around game if you think he will"just put up points." Kid can absolutely be another Toews.

It is also rarer to find an elite #1C than it is to find a Norris caliber Dman.
Weber, Keith, Karlsson, Chara, etc were all drafted well after the #1 pick.
I think you're underrating Duchene. He wasn't too far off PPG this year. 43/47. Keep in mind they took him 3rd overall not long ago. Maybe he won't win the Hart Trophy but I think he'll pretty clearly be a #1 Center. ROR will be a high-end #2. It wasn't long ago Stastny was considered a #1. Check out his first four years in the league. At the very least he's another high-end #2 and could fetch a very good return or they could just keep him and have the best Center depth in the league.

They really don't need a superstar #1 Center with what they already have. They are absolutely lacking in D. They have some good top four D potential guys in Barrie, Elliot, and Siemens but nobody close to having #1 potential. I don't care about the great Defensemen drafted late, that's just hoping to get lucky with that kind of pick. Jones immediately gives them a high-end Defensive prospect that they desperately need.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote